The Church of San Pietro is a Catholic place of worship situated in Via Emilia San Pietro, in the old town centre of Reggio Emilia.
Listen to the audio
The Benedictine monks built the new monastery and started constructing the small cloister in 1524 and the large cloister in 1542. As the large cloister was being completed in 1586, the old church had to be torn down because it was inconsistent with the new building plan. Construction work on the new church started in 1586 and was completed in the 1630s.