The church of San Filippo Neri is located in via San Filippo in Reggio Emilia.
Listen to the audio
The building dates to 1672. The commission for the reconstruction of the church was assigned to the architect Girolamo Beltrami by the Fathers of Saint Philip Neri. The work proceeded in several stages until its consecration by Bishop Forni in 1743. The church has no façade and is entirely incorporated into the surrounding buildings which together form one of the city’s most sumptuous building complexes known as Masdoni Palace or Rocca Saporiti.